Saturday 11 December 2010

I make a pendant to match the earrings

Filled with hope following the successful completion of my first project with the little earrings shown below, I rush to open a second larger packet of silver and attempt a matching pendant.

It's round again, although this time with my confidence growing its slightly larger and uses more silver. I impress a similar rings and dots design, add some pretty yellow 3mm cubic zirconia stones pressed into the silver, and make holes top and bottom.

Then I fire it and watch in horror as it appears to catch on fire and turn brown, but then as the metal sinters and the binders burn away, I am left with almost pure silver. Fine silver in fact, 99.9% solid silver.

My first attempt at silver jewellery making over with, I have a pretty pendant to match my earrings. I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment