Friday 27 May 2011

HATS are back.


Well you must have all seen the Royal Wedding, and apart from the dress, it was the hats that stole the day. Hats are back in a big way, from the beanie and winter woolly for purely keep warm practical purposes to the big statement pieces, to the vintage and the unusual.

I want to share with you today a great shop. Elspeth's Whimsey can be found at http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElspethsWhimsy and features not only a fascinating and fabulous range of vintage hats, but other desirable vintage items too, and the owners handmade 'Fascinators'.

As my grandmother used to say, if you want to get ahead, get a hat! A great way to be noticed, look stylish and individual and it keeps your hair dry too. She almost always wore a hat, and some of the great vintage hats on this site remind me so much of her.

In Elspeth's own words "I am a 20-something who has been sewing almost since I could hold a needle. Mom taught me to sew by hand before she would allow me to use the machine. Consequently, much of my work is hand-sewn and hand-embroidered. I got interested in jewelry making in high school, and have yet to lose the fascination with seeing a project come together. I love taking imperfect beads and turning them into a work of art.

Since I joined Etsy, I've become a member of many teams- Maryland Etsy Street Team, Createability Team, and Wholligans United! I find them a great help in getting the word out about my shop. Thanks, folks. :-)"


She also has an interesting blog you can follow HERE. Good luck with your shop Elspeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment